Housechurches are the backbone of PAC that allow a growing church to remain close in community. Housechurches meet weekly and follow along with the Sunday messages, allowing for deeper discussion and application of the sermon. You can expect to find community, friendship, and a deepening of your faith when you are part of one of these amazing communities. There is a housechurch for everyone!
Overcoming Fears HC Steps
1 - Get Jesus, and the community of Jesus, to show you what is going on (crisis event)
- attempts at self awareness without the support of a Jesus focused community just leads to paralyzing second guessing
- "you cannot overcome what you cannot name" (Reimer)
"Search me, God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."
Fight and flight manifestations of fear:
- rehearsing conversations / this can include prayer
- recruiting allies
- sarcasm / cynicism
- impatience / manipulation / exceptionalism / boundaries
- bravado / "I don't care what people think"
- alcohol / drugs
- escapism / fantasy (garden / hockey / porn / binge watching / social media / amazon)
- buying something
- physical avoidance / re-focusing on an area of life you can control
A good indication of fear manifesting is unpredictable swings between flight and fight.
Spend about half an hour praying through the above asking Jesus to reveal potential root fears. Then, get into triads, and share your fears - but don't discuss them. Instead, pray about each other's fears for awhile. Asking Jesus to reveal the root fear to you. Then, share with each other. Finally, ask Jesus to speak and minister to those fears filling you with His Spirit.
2 - Nearness to Jesus. (progressive sanctification)
- Jesus has all authority and power. He is not scared. This means you will not be scared either when he is near.
- You need to cultivate a sense of His presence by paying attention to Him (fix your thoughts on Him)
"Rejoice in the lord always, again I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition make your requests known to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus."
Spend as long as it takes for everyone in your group to memorize these verses. Say them to each other. Once you have it memorized, walk through it together. What specific things in your life come to mind where this verse might speak? (rejoicing, gentleness, anxiety, prayer)
Sign up fot 24/7 prayer - https://www.24-7prayer.com/signup/cd3908